Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hop To It!


Fleur Delight - Hop To It #2, originally uploaded by sailbit.
I've hop hop hopped into another project with the help of my QATW buddies - This time an applique project from the talented Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket quilts. She is a fabric designer for Moda and has made several gorgeous batik lines. Check out her book, "Hop To It!" or check out our thread on www.QuiltingAroundTheWorld.com for more on this project.

 I'm following in Edyta's footsteps and using as many batiks as I can. NEVER underestimate the value of having a big stack of green fabrics when you are doing applique!
Rose of Sharon Wreath - Block #3


 

  Edyta's preferred method of applique is to use fusible webbing, and finish the edges with invisible thread in a teeny tiny zigzag. I decided to try it as well and boy am I happy with it! It is super speedy once you get the thread settings right.

No comments: