Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Busy Busy Bees!


For most of June I have been working away on my "Dresden Garden" quilt --- which is sooooo nearly finished! With my nose either stuck in a flowery quilt or behind my camera chasing butterflies or sticking my lens in a flower I feel very much like a BEE. In fact I feel like a bee who wishes there was more honey in her kitchen .. I could have used some honey in my tea today since it was miserable, wet, and rainy.

My sweet man was very impressed with the Spring Roses quilt I finished recently for our friends. So impressed, mind you, he has been lavish with his fabric shopping trips. And I certainly won't be complaining! I have picked up 4 yards of wide backing online, a partial bolt of cream broadcloth, several assorted yards of cotton prints, some batik FQs, and a great bag of scraps from Hoffman "imperial" fabrics. I walked out of a very chic quilt store EXTREMELY happy, and of course gave my shopping partner the rundown on how this store scored on the quality/price/style list. He gave it a thumbs up because .. "It is next to the ice cream store." Works for me! Now I can shop for fabric while he has an ice cream cone and relaxes.

1 comment:

Quiet Quilter said...

Impressed, indeed! Wish my LQS was next to a hardware store. Or maybe that's for the best!