Friday, September 16, 2011

This summer ...

Mmm, feathers!

This summer flew by - unfortunately it seems they all do! Things went in this kind of pattern: Claire & I hid inside in the air conditioning while Gord went to work during the week. We quilted and coloured and napped and read Dr Seuss and did laundry. Sometimes we made it to the YMCA for playgroup and sometimes I was a wimp and only left the house for groceries. I had about half a dozen customer quilts to keep me busy: all of them were done with custom/heirloom quilting on my Babylock.

Here are some pictures:

The second of this pattern I quilted for a customer
Purple spirals - sooo fun

Some McTavishing practice

One day, one day I will be a LAQ. Until then I'm a QW - quilt wrestler.

Every weekend was an adventure! Early Saturday morning was almost always spent on Lake Erie for perch or bass - to the great delight of my stomach :) Miss Claire went out with us about half the time, ordering us around like a true captain and making sure we caught fish for her. Gord gave me a compliment of the highest order -- "Honey, you fish like a man!"




Captain Claire
Daddy's bass is approved!
And of course we let our little fishy swim in the pool at Uncle Don & Aunt Shelley's after fishing adventures.




I don't think life gets much better, do you?!


No comments: