Friday, November 11, 2011

TGIF Inspirations

Here are a few things I have been looking at lately. Fridays are great days to share inspirations, and some of them are especially appropriate for today.

Free pattern for ANZAC / Remembrance / Veteran's Day.



First Place - Art Painted Surfaces, Houston IQF 2011

Loved and Was Loved
by INGE MARDAL and STEEN HOUGS
of CHANTILLY, FRANCE

Dorothy Baker BoM 2011


And a free BoM from the lovely and talented Dorothy Baker, made with some of Lecien's new fabrics. I'm wavering between diving in headfirst and making this my second hand-applique project ever (HA) and modifying the pattern to accommodate my preferred applique method .... fusing & machine stitching. That's not cheating, right?




Here is the first block: Download Block One





Last but not least here are two websites every Canadian quilter should visit.
Quilts of Valor - Canada
The Canadian Comfort and Remembrance Project 



2 comments:

quilton said...

Not cheating, girl. I'm doing it that way and I had the courage to tell Dorothy.
By the way, I was told by Lecien they don't really have a date for the next block, just check back the end of the month.

Dorothy said...

Elizabeth, you do such a lovely job with your method of applique, that it will look great! Can't wait to see your first block.