Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oops - Missed a spot!

Oops - Missed a spot!, originally uploaded by sailbit.

When you have 7,225sq inches of quilting to do, and you realize you missed a spot waaaaay back in the middle of a closed off space ... well, your first reaction isn't something that needs to be described. Second reaction?

"How in the heck am I going to find that spot later?!"

I like to use #8 perle cotton for various things quilty. Like basting the way Sharon Schamber does. Or big stitch quilting. Or embroidery. So I have more than a few spools tucked into my stash.

So I grabbed the brightest colour I could find and a big darning needle, and I "flagged" this little spot so I don't have trouble finding it in the middle of this huge quilt. When I am at the end of another bobbin or need to start in a new place, I'll snip the thread out and finish up that section :)

Not a bad idea at 8am on a Saturday!




No comments: