Friday, October 21, 2011

Quilters Night Out

Look at them all!
That's right, 22 September blocks were brought in by members last night for the Oakville Quilter's Guild. Oh happy day! All of the printed copies for the October block were swooped up in short order and I had to stammer an apology and promise to bring more next time {and I certainly will.} I have to confess that during our program and even during the business portion of the meeting, I kept peeking at the board --- so nice to have cotton eye-candy to peep at! I still can't decide which is my favorite.

"Do you recognize this?"
Dawne is such a cheeky gal. Not only did she drop our jaws at the executive meeting by bringing this top in 3 days after the September instructions were distributed, she brought the finished quilt to hold up at Bring & Brag - bonus points!!

Another quilt made by Jackie Tidy was brought out and acclaimed to many shouts and gasps and whistles - I didn't get a picture of that one but I know my friend Patti did and I hope she will share. It was hand appliqued and hand quilted and absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see it hanging in the quilt show this May.

I also got to chat with Dorothy Baker, maker of the fabulous little applique quilt I McTavished. It was neat that we both confessed to it being a practice quilt - machine applique in her case, and McT in mine!

Susan brought me some scraps -- and man oh man, her idea of a 'scrap' is my idea of 'yardage'. I'm tickled to have them --- especially when I saw some of these cute little guys:



The fabric is from a collection called "Tree Huggers" by Studio E. It is all-around CUTE {In my head, that word has a definite Australian sound - not sure why!} but check out that little beaver - D'awwwwwwwwwwww!! I'm definitely considering ordering some yardage of my very own - and I can't wait to see what Susan made with the rest of her pieces that weren't "scraps".

All in all, it was a lovely Quilters Night Out!




3 comments:

quilton said...

I have that fabric. Susan and I bought it when we were at the Halton Show. Mine is on the back burner as I want to redesign so I can get two quilts instead of just the one.
You're doing well with BOM. Wish I had time to participate, but alas, not this year.

Bunny said...

Sure sounds like you had a fun meeting. Thanks for becoming a follower. Bunny

Elizabeth said...

You're welcome Bunny, I loved your quilts in the Halton show :) Your portrait works are amazing too!