Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Embroidery

I love quilting, but I really need a portable hand project (for traveling, for when I can't have a hot iron on or sit patiently at my machine ..) and since I just finished a 'kit' for Nancy, I figured maybe I could make something like that for myself. MMMmmmm embroidery -- I used to do that when I was little :)

But when I ravaged my stash I only found some very low quality snarled cotton floss, and my variegated machine quilting thread. So a trip to a craft store is certainly in order!

And when I get some thread .. oh my! I already have a project on my wishlist:

The pattern for this beauty can be found here. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Paulette said...

I think I just fell in love with that butterfly! Is there a transfer or pattern for this somewhere? It's so beautiful!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Great butterfly. I love the idea of flowers for wings.