Thursday, May 20, 2010

Poor neglected blog!

I have this bad (?) habit of not wanting to make a post unless I can liberally scatter pictures along with my words. It just doesn't seem right to make a post without pictures!!

Lately I have been working on Deer Quilt #2 so pictures of that would be a little redundant. It is nearly finished except for the feather quilting in the border -- which will have to wait because I ran out of rusty-brown thread. Boo!

This has been a great week for 'happy mail' in our mailbox. By this I mean things that are NOT bills or junk mail --- on Monday I got the hefty package of fabric I ordered online to begin another project (details coming soon!), and Tuesday my little girl got a present from her Auntie.

We were all pretty tickled that she posed to let me take a picture for her Auntie -- usually she likes to giggle and run away from the camera so we have to 'catch' her!

And sometime before the weekend I should get another delivery of yardage to play with, and I am very excited! In both purchases I have made I have been very cautious and greatly overestimated what I will need ... so as a bonus I have lots of extra pretty cotton to play with!

Now if only I could grit my teeth and get another 2 or 3 quilts basted, then I would really be able to get down to business. But why procrastinate? I can do that tomorrow ..