Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dresden Garden (we're getting there!)





Ta Da!! The continued evolution of my Dresden plate/flower garden hits
another milestone. I finished up the appliqued strips with vines, leaves, flowers, ladybugs, and butterflies (learning an awful lot about applique in the process!) and fiddled around with how I should lay them out. I had originally though I should place them between the columns like in the picture above (note the quilt being inspected as usual)



But when the strips were finished (and yes I moronically did them as all one piece instead of subdividing --- never again will I make that mistake!) my Quilt Inspector and I decided that they really did look better in the border rather than in between. It was a tough choice ... maybe I should have stuck with my original layout but who knows! I think the change I made might have just satisfied my need to make a border that wasn't plain and boring for once :D

Comment from my boyfriend that tickled me: "Oh honey can we keep this one?"

Hope all of you out in quilt/blog land are having a good weekend!



3 comments:

Paulette said...

It's gorgeous! The appliqued border is amazing.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Wonderful quilt. The applique border is great. So cheery and bright.

Kristen said...

Beautiful work! Either way the appliqued vines look amazing!