Thursday, May 13, 2010

It is basting night .. ICK!

That time I dread has arrived once more. I can't put it off any longer. I have tried to avoid it (with moderate success) for the past week .. but now, I cannot deny that it must be done.

Time to exile the pets upstairs, vacuum the carpet, break out the pins, and BASTE.

It is not that my knees are creaky, or that I don't have the space. And I absolutely love the quilting process that follows the deadly-process-that-shall-not-be-named. And the drive to get something accomplished is certainly there (my fingers have been twitching lately from not having a project on hand to work on)

But oh those pins!

Did I put them close enough together?
How many more pins?
I wonder how much pet hair I'm getting on this
Will I run that one over with the needle?
Is that going to be a pucker problem?
How many more pins?
*Yell at the dog to be patient and not bark to come downstairs*
Oops I forgot to trim that thread, where are my scissors?
Is that one through the carpet too?
How many more pins?
Ouchy my finger smarts
At least I can lay down on my 'cushioning' to do this
How many more pins????

One of these days when I am not working in a poorly ventilated basement, I will buy myself some spray basting or SOMETHING to quickly baste my quilts. Pins may be archaic and a true p.i.t.a, but they are cheap


Still. Waaaaaaaa!!

2 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Been there, done that...

Paulette said...

I so hear you! I was just grumbling in my Wednesday post about my dislike of basting.