Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No more Deer Quilt!!! .. Oh, Wait

After all those nasty little difficulties popped up (for no reason!) during the making of this quilt, oh man was I glad to have it finished! Is it bad blogging form to admit that I was somewhat disappointed in myself? I think the finished product did come out lovely, but that I am capable of a much much better job. Oh, the things I learned ...



Above: Bindings, borders, Bambi, Oh my!

 
Left: The finished quilt, and my two "helpers" attempting to hold it out straight in the wind so it doesn't look wrinkled.


Bottom: A peek at the lovely luscious feathers twisting through the border.




And the most exciting news of all? It looks like this silly project that has caused me so much anguish is a hit with friends and family! In fact I have already been asked if I can make another one to sell & be given as a birthday gift .. hooray! My first quilt for profit / commission!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used those same panels for a Graduation quilt for a Grandson. Where did you get the sashing fabric? It s awesome. Do you quilt on that Brother machine? I have the same one, and do light quilting, but get frustrated with big projects!