Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not working as intended ..

The deer quilt --- is giving me a headache. I can't decide if what I am doing in terms of quilting and thread colour is going to come out looking stunning -- or a miserable mishmash of FMQ gone overboard and busy panels made even busier.

I like the starburst idea, I like the trapunto effect of the deer, I love doing the intricate tiny stitching ... but aaaaaahhhhhhhhh what am I doing? Am I creating a masterpiece, or a lot of stitch ripping work to do?


Sadly it seems that when I have these feelings, I'm right. So the niggling feeling that this is going to look horrible needs to be solved.



Options:
Continue with white thread (tan in the sky sections)
Use dark brown thread (leaning in this direction)
Run from this project screaming that it can't be done
Unpick everything (3 fully finished 14 inch blocks + 17 starbursts) and come up with a new idea.

This has just not been a good week for sewing.

No comments: