Wednesday, April 14, 2010

White Thread Wars

Is it so wrong to want to use a different colour thread?!

Apparently!

I started adding my designs inside the starburst rays of my deer panel quilt last night, in a wonderful tan / gold thread I thought matched pretty well. TOO WELL. You can't see 3/4 of the designs, and the part that shows up brilliantly is a portion of the ray that crosses the sky. When you look at the block, it completely unbalances the eye -- because you get the hint of the starburst action, but you can see nothing in the lower part of the panel. Drats. And other more inappropriate language. What a silly beginners mistake for me to have made.

So I am going to have to abandon my lovely over-matched thread and go back to white. White white white. I have used white in the last 5 quilts I have done! I want to stamp my feet and demand a different colour but the quilting Goddess has made her proclamation: you must use white thread for these deer!

No comments: